Crocheting doilies (or kitchen scrubbies)


Hello! 
It's been a while since my last post, but I hope you're doing well.

I crocheted these doilies in different colors using 100% acrylic yarns.
These can be used as doilies, coasters, or even as kitchen scrubbies
(or "eco tawashi" in Japanese).



For some of you who are not familiar with kitchen scrubbies made of acrylic yarns, or eco tawashi,  they work wonders with cleaning dishes, bathtub, shower etc., without using any soap detergents.  

If you're interested, I found an English tutorial for crocheting eco tawashi.  Actually, eco tawashi kitchen scrubbies can be made in any shape, color, or size, as long as it's made with 100% acrylic yarns.  

These eco tawashi made of 100% acrylic yarns works like microfiber when crocheted/knitted.  They are not only eco friendly, but also protects our hands from harsh detergents ;)




Even these apple coasters that I crocheted earlier can be used as eco tawashi, as these are also made of 100% acrylic yarns.



BTW it's the tax season and I'm starting to get a bit busy at work,
but crocheting small items as these really help keep my sanity.

I crocheted these in my car, at the kitchen table, at my computer desk, in my kids' room watching them do their homework...





For me, crocheting is very relaxing and enjoyable. 

And the best part is that a simple crocheting hook and a ball of yarn can come handy everywhere I go, and I can pick up wherever I left out even when I only have small chunk of time to spare...

Thanks for reading and happy crocheting!




9 comments:

♥ maaria said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this! I love to use microfiber for scrubbing and thus avoid chemicals. Finally found some even in pretty colours. But these are FAAAAR prettier!

Speckled Hen said...

I love your crochet items!! Crochet kitchen scrubbies sound good ideas.

PY said...

Amy, I love them too. How I wish I could crochet like you. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, ladies!! I've been using these handmade scrubbies in our kitchen for a while and I really like them :)

Farah said...

Hello Amy ... they are lovely i love to use them as doilies only... they are so cute and perfect for a coffee mug... unfortunatly I never crochet but I love it... may be sometime I try...
Hope you would like to spare a little bit of your time for my new post, it’s something different I hope you will enjoy …
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

ayumills said...

I LOVE your crochet work, all of it! But my question is.. who could use these as tawashi?!
かわいすぎてタワシになんて使えません!飾って見ているだけで嬉しい気持ちになれる、そんな存在です♪

Unknown said...

Thank you, Ayumi!! These doilies are way too far from perfect, so washing dirty dishes with these are the best way to make good use of them... I think ;)

タワシで使う場合は編み目は関係ないので最適なのです~笑。いつも嬉しいコメントをどうもありがとう♪
 

♥ maaria said...

Hello again, dear Amy!
Washing dishes is so much more fun now ;-)

http://herzlichst-maaria.blogspot.com/2011/03/kitchen-doilies-skulls.html

Unknown said...

So nice to hear from you again, ♥maaria! I just visited your blog and loved all of your lovely creations, including your latest doily scrubbies!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails